10 Mind-Blowing Coke Nutrition Facts
1. The name Coca-Cola refers to two of its original ingredients: kola nuts and coca leaves.
2. Though Coca-Cola may have used kola nuts in its original formula, there is no evidence that modern renditions of the soft drink contain kola extract.
3. A 12-ounce can of Coke has about 39 grams of sugar, which is about 9 1/3 teaspoons.
4. A 30-year-old mother of eight died after drinking 2 gallons of Coke daily for years. An autopsy revealed that Coke had ruined her liver and her heart, and all of her teeth were rotten.
5. Researchers note that artificial sweeteners trigger insulin, which can actually lead to weight gain. This means that Diet Coke is worse for your health than Coke.
6. Because Diet Coke has such a high level of acidity, it disrupts the pH of the body in a way that can cause acne and other skin problems.
7.Because the added sugar in Coke creates a denser solution, normal Coke sinks, while Diet Coke floats.
8. Coca-Cola stimulates the brain in ways comparable to the way heroin stimulates the brain, making us want another hit of the sweet soda.
9. The unique taste of Coke is said to be due to vanilla, cinnamon, traces of essential oils, and spices, such as nutmeg.
10. As soon as the high-sugar content of Coca-Cola enters the human body, it should cause vomiting. However, the phosphoric acid in Coke dulls the sweetness, which allows us to keep the soft drink down.
For more surprising coke nutrition facts, click here: https://www.factretriever.com/coke-nutrition-facts
Fact Retriever is the leading source of interesting facts, trivia, history, and more. Learn more about the world and beyond.
Subscribe to Fact Retriever here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxmYOAglFN29DPr7mEaDLQ